The reason I am so impressed with the SmartPlug is because I run into frequent situations where customers have inadvertently not made good contact between the twist-lock connector and the inlet of their RV. This can lead to a fire hazard since loose connections result in high resistance and produce heat. Even if there is no fire, this heat can melt connections and lead to an inability to access electricity until a repair can be made.
I'm sure if you have been RVing for very long, you also understand how annoying it is attempting to line up the twist-lock connector with the RV inlet in the dark. The SmartPlug can only plug in one direction and you actually hear the click when it locks into place. The added benefit of the blue LED light confirms that you have power from the post.
In my opinion, SmartPlug made significant improvements in shore power, and I guarantee that this will be a welcomed upgrade to your current system. With the innovation of the SmartPlug system you get a safe, simple, and secure connection for many years to come.
Here are some of the highlights of the SmartPlug technology:
Safe & Secure:
1. Rock solid sleeve connection
2. Multi-point locking system
3. 20x more electrical contact area than your standard twist-lock connector
4. Triple weatherproof seals (stays nice and dry)
5. Integrated trip thermostat cuts power before overheating
1. No twisting required, pushes straight in
2. No added drilling or cutting into RV (same footprint as existing RV inlet)
3. Ease of installation
4. LED indicator light on factory made cord sets
5. 7 year warranty
Icing on the cake? The SmartPlug stainless steel inlet cover plate looks like my Airstream came out of the factory this way. Hopefully Airstream is taking notes and will make this standard on all new Airstreams! (hint, hint)